11 June 2014

Restful

A few weeks ago I shared some feelings
about Carl Bloch's painting entitled
  Christus Consolatur in my post
For my birthday in May, Kris gifted 
me a copy of the painting, 
reproduced on  canvas.
(Roses from my neighbors yard.)


For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us,
so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
And whether we be afflicted, it is for your 
consolation and salvation, which is effectual in
the enduring of the same sufferings which we
also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it
is for your consolation and salvation.
2 Corinthians 1:5-6


Together we picked out a combination
of frames we felt hearkened back to
the paintings location in The Athenaeum
located in Horups Kyrka, Sweden.
I love passing by this painting now hanging
in our home and feeling the Rest it offers.


Each morning I take a walk around our yard
to see what new blooms have appeared.
It's restful to me.


When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's
lives may be...
I go...and for a time 
I rest in the grace of the world,
and am free.

~~Wendell Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment