01 December 2011

It's Been Especially Lovely Around Here.


Home

Fall in Turlock has been especially beautiful this year.
The crisp air, autumn colors, and breezy days
have been brilliant. In this post, I've included some
random pictures from around our home especially
for Anne Marie. Occasionally, she will text and
"need" a photo texted to her from some particular
viewpoint around home. We all have days when
our heart just needs a dose of home, don't we?



How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of
light and color are their last days.
~John Burroughs.~


Looking out the front window.


From the front porch.


Thanksgiving Day at Grandma and Grandpa's



Autumn is a second spring when every
leaf is a flower. ~Albert Camus~


Emily, Brent and Davis


Forever on Thanksgiving Day the heart
will find the pathway home.
~Wilbur D. Nesbit~


Doug and Ty


Mark, Jeffrey, and Scott



Kelly, Matt, Ty, Doug, and Chase


Steve and Bev's Family
**Look at those trees of Mom and Dad's!**


Brad and Melissa's little Cole.


And, thank you for a house full of people I love.
~Ward Elliot Hour~


Kris, Michael, Scott R., Scott S. and Doug


Matt, Nathan, Kelly, Grandpa, and Michelle

You have a choice: You can raise kids or you can
live in a home where nothing touches the
floor but the furniture.


My home is not a place,
it is people.
~Lois McMaster Bujold~



Grandma knows how to make eating in the garage fancy!


Emily


I remember one Christmas being told there was no
Santa Claus, and the next Easter being told that there
was no Easter Bunny, and I remember how I feared, as
Thanksgiving approached, that they would tell me there
was no Grandmother.




There's no place like home.


And, Beyond Thanksgiving...


Kris, Marie, Dad and Mom
San Francisco Symphony to hear/see Yo Yo Ma.


Kris and I snuck away for a weekend in
Half Moon Bay. We stayed at the Oceana,
pictured behind us.



The best thing to hold onto in life
is each other.
~Audrey Hepburn~


Just a cute little tea towel I saw that weekend.
I liked the sentiment it displayed!


We planted this grafted apple vine in our backyard
during the summer. Each branch has a different variety
of apple. We have: Braeburn, Golden Delicious, Fuji,
Red Delicious, Gala, and Gravensteine.


The apples were ripe just in time for me to pick them
and use them in my Apple/Yam recipe for Thanksgiving!



The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and
dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes (apples!)
as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.
~Galileo~


The Primary children learned Praise to the Man this
year for their Sacrament Meeting Program. One
Sunday they invited Ty to play it on the bagpipes
for them. LOVE how some of them are
plugging their ears.

This is my very first rosebush.
I love that it peeks in through my kitchen window.


Our little backyard corner. We fixed a few
things up before Call and Whitney's open house.

This is "Puppers" speaking. Where's Anne Marie?

Speaking of her...if you'd like to catch up on how
she's doing in Boston, go here: SewPurple.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful yard you have- love all the fall colors. What a strong wonderful family you have.
    You are blessed.
    Oh and one more thing- happy day, its always fun to go on a little getaway with someone you love.
    Sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post Aunt Marie! It looks beautiful. I love the apple vines, roses, trees, everything. Thank you for sharing with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok now i'm crying. I liked best: the photo of the front yard frees and looking out from the porch where I sit, the one of the fam all just sitting in the living room of grandma and grandpas and nobody is looking, daddy taking a photo of a shell, you by the apple tree, and puppers looking for me. Those pretty much were perfect. 17 days till home

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great pictures and happenings. You did have a nice fall this year and you always have such great family get togethers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't get to the blogging world often, but I was so glad today that I took a minute to check in...lovely post Marie! I LOVED the photos of the beautiful fall colors around your house...we don't have as many trees as you and Kris, but I found myself snapping so many pics of our tree this year as it was a great source of beauty this year. I also loved the Thanksgiving photos...your parents have such an amazing posterity created out of that 2nd grade first glance...precious. I also loved your apples...where on earth did you find the tree with all of the wonderful varieties beautifully grafted in such a neat way? And of course loved the pic of Ty with the bagpipes and Carmel...so much fun. Thanks for sharing...it was a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that espaliered apple tree! And one hundred other things about the photos on your blog.

    ReplyDelete