17 September 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Call Dale Hyer


Mr. and Mrs. Call Dale Hyer
August 25, 2011


C.S. Lewis wrote:
I sometimes wonder whether all pleasures
are not substitutes for joy.

The wedding and accompanying festivities for
Call and Whitney were, for me, moments
of genuine, cup-overflowing, and
heart warming joy.
Here's a glimpse:


Following the sealing, family and friends
wait for them to exit the Salt Lake City Temple
of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints


Adding to the joy...Call's Grandpa Rowan
(my father) was able to perform their sealing.


Anne Marie, Aunt Zan, Aunt Mary, Aunt Catherine


Call greets Erik Arakelian and Tyler Eggleston
who drove from California to share in the joy.


Tyler, Call, Erik


Brothers


One half of me is yours, the other half yours...
Mine own, I would say; but if mine,
then yours,
And so all yours!
~Shakespeare~


Cousins of Whitney help lift her train.


Whitney's mother, Julie Overman
and her Grandparents, John and Jane Overman.


Members of the Rowan and Hyer families.

To us, family means putting your arms
around each other and being there.
~Barbara Bush~


There is no actual law that says that a
person of inner beauty cannot also
maintain an appearance.


Our family with our Grandparents


How our new family looks!


Ty and Abby got a hold of the camera.
It would be unusual if some of Ty's humor
escaped the day.


Temple Gangstas...
Doesn't sound quite right, does it?




Honestly. You two crack me up.


Abby is now going to school in Provo...sad
day for us!
(Thanks for a few of your photos, Falke's.)


Whitney and Call with Grandparents


Erik, Abby, Ty, Kylie, Anne Marie, Tyler



LUNCHEON IN THE
JOSEPH SMITH MEMORIAL BUILDING


Scott, Uncle Matt, Grandpa and Grandma Rowan,
Anne Marie, Karin and Ben


Whitney's best friend, Monique Schurtz (in mint
green dress) and her family. Life long friends.


Aunts, Uncles, and cousins of Whitney's


Uncle Kevin and Aunt Catherine,
Aunt Zan and Uncle Dodd,
Aunt Mary (standing) and Uncle Ric (walking)
and Grandma Hyer.


Brad Falke and Call

The Falke's and their kids have been
dear friends since we moved to Turlock.
Very special for Call to have them
there on this important day...


..Twas like having a little slice of home
for us to have them there...


And then...there's these people.
Steve and Denise Stiles, our Bishop in
Turlock joined us for this special time.
Can you believe it?
Just wonderful.


I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance,
A church filled with family and friends.
I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for,
He said one that would make me his wife.
~Unknown~


Call with his especially dear cousin, Jeffrey Rowan.
One of the reasons the wedding was at the
end of August was so Jeffrey could be there. He
returned from his mission in Guatemala
about 36 hours prior to the wedding.
Wow.

RECEPTION AT WADLEY FARMS
IN
LINDON, UTAH


Being the mother of the groom, I did not capture
all of the photos I would have liked to. However,
all things considered, I didn't do too bad!
Wadley Farms was the most perfectly beautiful
venue I have ever seen for a reception.
The Overman's provided the most gorgeous
wedding reception for Whitney and Call.



The gal with the camera is Brooke...Whitney's
official bridal photographer.


There is a bond forged between people who
hid under the same bed from
the same parents.





When you realize you want to spend the rest of
your life with somebody, you want the rest
of your life to start as soon as possible.
~Nora Ephron~

Dale Boman and Glenna Bradford.

Two of my best friends. I sang with them in college.
They were on their way to
MoTab Choir Practice...but made time to stop in.
It was so fun but frustrating at the same time!
So many dear friends dropped in...if only
I had an entire hour for each one!
But, what joy to have so many dear
friends come to share this time!
Thank you.


Anne Marie and Jeffrey



Anne Marie, Call, Whitney, Monique






You are, and always have been,
my dream.
~Nicholas Sparks~


Kris' cousin, Kenny Allen. He helped set
me up with Kris a hundred years ago!


The Overman's


Grant, Hayley, and Monet' Rowan


Greeting the Huntingtons


Creed and Ellen and Ann and kids


Ikwo and Dinah Ibiam and
darling family!


Sue Spencer and Ryan and Kelly Severson
Turlock...you did well representing yourself!


My brother, Steve and our cousin Karin Warner
with her daughter and grandchild.


Tim and Agnes Reynolds and
their adorable family.

(Another dear friend, Pia Jones Todd, can be seen on the
far right in the background. What a fun visit
Kris and I had with her. Thank you to all
for making such a great effort to come see us!)


Kristy Falke, Anne Marie, Marilyn Stokes
and Janae Cox. Is this fun, or what??


Kris' cousin's Annette Morley, Karen Hinckley,
Debbie Corbridge, and his Aunt Ilene.


Kylie and Anne Marie
Been a long day.
Shoes off!


Grandpa and Grandma Rowan
Most special that Grandpa
performed their sealing.


If you live to be a hundred, I want to live
to be a hundred minus one day so
I never have to live without you.
~A.A. Milne~


True love stories
never have endings.
~Richard Bach~


In the end you don't so much find
yourself as you find someone
who knows who you are.
~R.B.~

I felt it shelter to speak to you.
~Dickinson~

******************

OPEN HOUSE IN TURLOCK


Cakes and desserts


Dianne Kroutil, Claire Nees, Debbie Blank,
Jeanine Bean, and not pictured, Denise Stiles...
They took care of everything in the kitchen.
Everything.
How do you thank goodness
and kindness like you see in those faces?


Mother's of the bride and groom!





Hanna Mangrum and Emily Fife were
so great to help me.


My neighbor, Ben.



Some of Call's old friends


Julie's sister Jamie and her friends,
Carol and Bessie made the trip to CA with her.
It was really delightful to have them in
our home. They were a lot of fun.


Trip over love, you can get up.
Fall in love and you fall forever.


I love having our home filled with people like
it was that evening. It was overwhelming
to feel so much love, support and just
plain happiness for Call and Whitney.




Growing up...Call was supposed to marry Macy
Falke! :) Good buddies for a long time!


My cousin, Laurie Eichert and brother Matt and Molly.

And...the last party comes to an end!
We love you, and welcome to
the family Whitney!
We are so grateful you are part of us.
So grateful Call has you.
So grateful you have Call.
What a sweet match.

(Engagement photos appear in post below)

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is what I've been waiting for!!! So beautiful! I'm glad everything went so well. Chandler and I are so happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yay! I've been waiting for this. I talked to Grandma and Grandpa and they said that the reception was in the most beautiful place they'd ever been to a wedding reception--it looked perfect. Whitney is beautiful...that's one lucky boy you've got. (Fun to see Jeff. I kind of had to do a double take, I'm not used to thinking of him being home.) Thanks for all of the great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, this was a beautiful post! It was so very wonderful and special to be there for Call and Whitney's wedding day...we will always cherish our memories and thank you for including us! Call and Whitney are two beautiful people inside and out! I have always had such a soft spot in my heart for that special boy...still do! I am so happy for them! I was so glad that Macy was able to stay for the open house...she loved seeing her Calliwog and his bride!
    I loved that you included the Ty and Abby photos...those two are priceless! The years have gone by too quickly and I miss seeing them together. I also loved the pic of Anne Marie and Kylie...so darn adorable! Thanks for sharing your very special day with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, I loved this post. Handsome groom. Beautiful bride. So much happiness. It was also fun to look through all the photos and see so many familiar faces, some of which I haven't seen in ages. What a joyous event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, beautiful wedding. The Turlock reception looked so beautiful too and the food really looked good, (sorry to miss that!). It was so fun for us to see the Essuman girls too, it has been so long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh love love love. I have been waiting to see the Turlock reception too since I missed that. Home looked beautiful (even more so after experiencing all the prep!) This really was such a beautiful wonderful happy emotional party. Best wedding and reception I've ever been to (but I think i'm biased). Good work with all the photos. You know people appreciate seeing it and feeling a little more like they were 'there'. Love you~ Love it all~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its time like these that you realize how blessed life can be.
    Beautiful pictures....beautiful family.
    Happy Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is all so good. And I love that last picture best, but coming in at close second is the collective "Call-and-Whitney-beaming" photos. I wish I could have attending so that I could add my smile to that ocean of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you let me share a part of this in person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you posted so many photos!! Kevin and I were bummed that we couldn't be there. From your pictures it looked like a wonderful day! Whitney was beautiful, the reception and openhouse looked stunning.... what a wonderful day for you guys! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful every thing-Congratulations!! Isn't it wonderful that our families can grow and we don't have to be pregnant!!!!

    ReplyDelete