10 August 2010

Food Glorious Food!

This was supposed to be the continuation of the
"From the mountains, To the Prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam" idea.
But, it's really more about eating!
From home, to the coast, to the Utah mountains...
~WE ATE~
Father's Day
Kris grilling his own dinner.

A good father is too occupied being a
father to worry about being a father figure.


Eden is that old-fashioned house we dwell in every day
without suspecting our abode until we drive away.
~Emily Dickinson~


Ty is taking bagpipe lessons. He is practicing here
on his portable electronic instrument...Anne Marie
is listening with the headphones. It sounds very
authentic, unlike his practice chanter.


Not all worries end up as water under
the bridge or over the dam.
Some evaporate.


Pelicans dive bombing in Cayucos.


So fun. Ty added to his collection of T-shirts by
purchasing the one from this Chowder House.


It's surprising how much memory is built around
things unnoticed at the time.
~Barbara Kingsolver~


Amazing Grace with his portable pipes again.
We can't wait until we're ready for
the big show!
(Genuine Pipes!)


Cambria's Main Street Grill.
Simply, the best.
(And, there's that new shirt.)


Our favorite breakfast place in Cambria.
One must eat!!


One of the nicest things about life is the way we must
regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and
devote our attention to eating.
Luciano Pavarotti


At the Sea Chest with mom and dad. My B-day gift to
my dad this year was a gift certificate to this restaurant.
So, when we were there together...he took me to dinner.
"On him." Classic.

While Kris was in Havasupai with the boys, I spent
a few days in Cambria with my parents.
Being a daughter is good.


A favorite haunt.

Even the floor is fun.

Anne Marie and I had a day to ourselves.



Visiting my children in Utah.
Well. We had to eat dinner!


He thought he was funny.


So did we.
To enlarge...double click.

Call and Whitney
The two college graduates...
Anne Marie and Chase.

That's what I'm talkin' about.

I had a reunion with my freshman college
roommate, Michelle Broadbent Miner.

~Trying to remember when it stopped being theory
and turned into real life, because theory was a
whole lot easier~

6 comments:

  1. Sitting next to the "sea" listening to bagpipes now that would be divine.
    Looks like you are having a wonderful family summer.
    Happy Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Gotta LOVE good food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved this post. i think it must be all of pictures of places i have memories too...a shared connection of wonderfulness. and, i've never eaten at your "must eat breakfast place"--so it is now on my must do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had such an awesome summer! How fun. Cambria...oh how I miss Cambria! Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so much fun, it is almost as fun for me to read about what you did as I am sure it was for you to live it. I did miss the smell of the ocean and the feel of the breeze. Oh well, we have our own ocean trip planned for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had a nice summer! I always enjoy seeing pictures of your family. It's still crazy for me to think of your kids grown. I got to see Ann Marie yesterday. It was really good to see her. So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete