20 June 2010

A New Family

Ben and Karin Myers

The Family is ordained of God. Marriage
between man and woman is essential
to His eternal plan.


Ben Myers and Karin Rowan the evening prior
to their wedding in the Oakland Temple.

I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance,
A church filled with family and friends.
I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for,
He said one that would make me his wife.

Pre-wedding family dinner in Walnut Creek.

Yes. We are in a hotel because we have come to be
present for Ben and Karin's wedding festivities.
However.
The World Cup IS taking place, and it will not be
neglected no matter what else is
happening in our own personal world.

Family and friends waiting for the bride and groom.

Yes...they sat in the car during the sealing and listened
to the now infamous USA vs. Slovenia game on the radio.

Later...they had their own "game faces" on.
Karin's Grandpa Rowan and Grandpa Johnson

Do not overlook a great sustaining power in the
prayers of grandparents. Remember, the "fervent
prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
~Boyd K. Packer~

*Something special. Grandpa Rowan
performed the sealing of Ben and Karin.*

It was a little chilly in Oakland!

Uncle Kris holding Emily up so she can
see her big sister when she comes out
of the temple.

video

You know you're in love when you don't want to
fall asleep because reality is finally better
than your dreams.
~Dr. Seuss

*Sorry for the need to tilt your head during the video.
I was trying to stay out of the way of the hired
photographers!*


~Sometimes the shortest distance between two points
is a winding path walked arm in arm.~


Ben's family.

After all...there IS something about a wedding gown
prettier than in any other gown in the world.
~Douglas William Jerrold~


Beautiful cousins who will now need to find a
substitute for their weekly ice cream runs!
I-chats?

Matt and Molly's entire backyard looked beautiful.

Of two sisters one is always the watcher,
one the dancer. ~Louise Gluck~

*What an appropriate quote, considering
our bride is a ballerina.




A family tree is a maze with no way out. ~R.B.~
(And in this case...that's a good thing.)


Smart couple!!!

9 comments:

  1. Yeah! This was a fun weekend captured by fun photos. Not too hard when you have a fun family like ours~

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for pictures!! thanks for posting. looks like a grand celebration---mom called me on the way home from the temple and also after the reception to give me all the wonderful details. hip hip hooray for karin and ben.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a good wedding! Congrats to those two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Day...beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, Thank you for posting these. As you can tell blogging is sometimes a luxury for me. I am so glad you are on top of things and were also able to take so many pictures. There are little things that make me cry and make me grateful, like Kris holding Emi up to see Karin, and the picture of our two fathers. I love the quotes, don't know where you find them all, but I love, love them. Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful day for a beautiful couple !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's only taken me about ten attempts to look at these all the way through. Each time I've logged on to your blog I read about one quote or one caption and then someone starts tugging on my leg. Such beautiful photos. Isn't marriage is the best?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love weddings and all these pictures are beautiful, gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete