16 March 2010

This Grand Show Is Eternal...


I recently posted this photo. I'm sharing it again to show
the colorful contrast with it, and the next photo,
taken in the same spot one month later.
Yosemite National Park. Never ugly.
(Both photos by Kris)


This Grand Show Is Eternal
It is always sunrise somewhere;
the dew is never all dried at once;
a shower is forever falling;
Vapor is ever rising...


...Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset,
eternal dawn and gloaming,
on sea and continent
and islands, each in its turn,
as the round earth rolls.

John Muir
(Half Dome to the left. Bridal Veil Falls to the right.)

Gloaming: [twilight; the dusk of approaching night]


Call and his girlfriend, Whitney.
Spring break.


Our very own traveling gnome.


Half Dome
Photo by Kris


Taking a photo of Lower Yosemite Falls

One day's exposure to mountains is better than
cartloads of books. See how willingly nature poses
herself upon photographers' plates. No earthly
chemicals are so sensitive as those
of the human soul.

John Muir


Another Glorious Sierra Day...
J.M.


Who publishes the sheet-music of the winds or
the music of water written in river-lines?

John Muir


After a beautiful and inspiring day in Yosemite...
a beautiful and inspiring Sabbath.


....And some afternoon fun between 'bro's.'
Juggling Clementine's. They DO get it!


9 comments:

  1. I love to see the fun between brothers! Can't wait until my boys appreciate each other. Right now they only want to wrestle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, those are amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos, talented kids and super cute girlfriend. Where is she from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning pictures....love that you captured the park in so many different seasons.
    Thanks for sharing the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHAHAHA take me home! That's all I could say through this whole post!
    Love Yosemite, but even more I love my brothers. :) I was laughing right along with the family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular Yosemite photos! It is so amazing the changes in one month. I am sure it is so wonderful to have the boys together this week. Call's girlfriend is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are sweet! I hope you had a wonderful spring break. Wish I could have been home to see you guys and Call-e-wog! Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will no one comment on Ty's turquoise pants? The juggling was awesome, but those pants make me laugh just as much as the juggling fun. I see a family reunion talent show act in the future--but Ty must wear those shorts. It's good to see your family together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Call has a girlfriend?! OK, I am kidding. I know he is grown up now but as a previous babysitter, it makes me feel old.
    What beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete