07 February 2010

"All Things Bear Record Of Him."


For Kris' 50th birthday I surprised him with an overnight
get-away to Yosemite so he could take photos, photos,
and more photos. It was wet, snowy, mossy, cloudy,
with a touch of sun, and the view changed literally
by the moment. It was beyond beautiful.

Bridalveil Falls

A photograph is usually looked at...
seldom looked into.
~~Ansel Adams~~


When a traveler asked Wordsworth's servant to show him
her master's study, she answered, "here is the library,
but his study is out of doors."
~~Henry David Thoreau~~


One can make a day of any size and regulate the rising
and setting of his own sun and the brightness
of its shining. ~~John Muir~~


Sometimes, I do get to places just when God's ready
to have somebody click the shutter.
~~Ansel Adams~~

(My personal favorite. Taken with my
iphone, if you can believe it.)


Bridalveil

Yosemite Valley, to me, is always a sunrise, a glitter of
green and golden wonder in a vast edifice
of stone and space. ~~Ansel Adams~

Another glorious day, the air as delicious to the lungs
as nectar to the tongue. ~~John Muir~~

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I haven't seen any of Uncle Kris's pictures for such a long time. He is SO good! Those are so beautiful. I'm in love with several of those. Plus, I love Yosemite, so that makes it double good.
    I'm glad you snapped that one with your iphone. I'm impressed with how good those pictures come out.
    Thanks for sharing all of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and amazing photography Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos! What a wonderful getaway....Happy Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday....you picked one of our favorite places as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, when Kris retires he has another job waiting for him, they pictures are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday... I have forgotten the beauty of Yosemite Park I have not been there in ages but the pictures bring back fond memories. I can't believe the kids are all so grown up and all in the college and high school time goes by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just telling my primary kids that, as self-centered as it sounds, I think the song "I Feel My Savior's Love" was written just for me. I think of Yosemite every time I think of the beauty of the creation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daddy, these were so beautiful. I mean, I know your good, but these were really really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pictures are AMAZING!!! Happy Birthday to the best Home Teacher our family ever had!!

    ReplyDelete