14 December 2009

I Found Warmth

There has been only one Christmas---
The rest are anniversaries.
~W.J. Cameron~
A little Christmas shopping...
mittens for Anne Marie.
Purple, of course!
A daughter is a day brightener
and a heart warmer.

Oh! Lovely voices of the sky
Which hymned the Savior's birth,
Are ye not singing still on high,
Ye that sang, "Peace on Earth?"
~Felicia Hemans~

Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert
Special Guests: Natalie Cole and David McCullough

Other Sightings:
Donny Osmond, at the airport.
Melissa and Hayley Rowan, at the airport.
Michelle Christensen and new husband, at the Mall.
Karen Hyer, at the Mall.
Devon and Lauren Stiles, at PF Changs
It was too funny! We just kept running
into people.

A friend knows
the song in my heart
and sings it to me
when my memory fails.
~Donna Roberts~

Thank you, Dale, for doing this for me
literally and figuratively so many
times through the years.

Marie, Anne Marie and Karin...
"Baby! It's cold outside!"
Actually, they are cousins.
Not sisters!
The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree...
...Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.
~Robert Frost~
Self Explanatory. Even when it's
4 degrees outside. Gotta have it!
Children are the living messages we
send to a time we will not see.
~John W. Whitehead,
The Stealing of America~

7 comments:

  1. I always love Robert Frost. Never fails.
    You look like you're having so much fun lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I was getting ready this morning and thought to text you "I want a post soon!", but before I could even get around to it, here it is! Eeeggsalent. It was really fun and nice to have you up here. Traditions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin had a wondeful time, thanks for including her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a fabulous and fun filled time together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing like Christmas light at Temple square.
    Thanks for sharing-

    ReplyDelete
  6. The boys look good, its been a while since I have seen them. Tell them both hello from us! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great trip! The kids all look so good (and so does Marie).

    ReplyDelete