18 November 2009

I Know It's Winter SOMEwhere...

...but this is what I enjoyed on my morning walk today...
and my heart leapt up
I started early, took my dog...
~Dickinson~
It was a little budding rose,
Round like a fairy globe,
And shyly did its leaves unclose
Hid in their mossy robe,
But sweet was the slight and spicy smell
It breathed from its heart invisible.
~Emily Bronte~
I've been watching all of these for days.
It was time to make them mine...
somehow!
I know it's winter...
...somewhere!
A sepal, petal, and a thorn
Upon a common summer's morn,
A flash of dew, a bee or two,
A breeze
A caper in the trees,
And I'm a rose!
~E.D.~
Aha! Here is winter. Anne Marie, her roommates, and an
apartment of guy friends went to observe the meteor
shower in the Provo canyons a couple of nights ago.
Abominable Snowpeople...all wrapped up and
lying on the freezing ground waaay past midnight
ready for the show!
(A.M. in the middle)
Here, we see three roses of a different sort.
I knew it was winter somewhere...
and look! It's blooming
there, too!

4 comments:

  1. We have enjoyed beautiful weather around here lately! Those pics of the roses are beautiful! Are you using a macro lens to take those great shots?! Anne Marie and here friends look sooooo cold!!! I'll stick with good ole California!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really pretty mama. Roses always make me think of you and grandma. And my fingers are still defrosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post! We are enjoying the warmer than usual weather in our neck of the woods as well!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not winter here yet, lovely 55 and sunny today. Three cute blond roses, how often do you see that. We still have a few roses too, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete