16 July 2009

Eat, Drink, Be Merry, And Play!

Washington School Inn
Our Bed and Breakfast in Park City. We took
up all fifteen rooms in the house. It was
beautiful, large, and the rooms
were amazing.

I remember my mother's prayers and they have
always followed me. They have clung to me
all my life. ~~Abraham Lincoln


I confess. Sometimes when I see a beautiful flower in
bloom, I wonder how many people will notice it, if any. I
sometimes feel responsible to pay attention to it
in case nobody else does. It will only bloom once...and
for just a short time! Maybe I'll be the only one to look
it in the face! Perhaps it bloomed just for me? And,
what if I simply passed by and missed what it
had come to share? I know it's not a rational
thought...but, I have it just the same.

We were served Hors Doerves every afternoon. These
were little mini hamburgers on homemade buns.

Homemade ice cream for Root Beer floats.

Relaxing on the lawn

Mayce and Ethan Thomas, Ty

What's the best thing in the world?
June-rose, by May-dew impearled;
Sweet south-wind, that means no rain;
Truth, not cruel to a friend;
Pleasure, not in haste to end;
Beauty, not self-decked and curled
Till its pride is over-plain;
Love, when, so, you're loved again.
What's the best thing in the world?
...Something out of it, I think.

~~Elizabeth Barret Browning~~

The Newlyweds, Davis and Becca

Someone to tell it to is one of the fundamental
needs of human beings. ~Miles Franklin

The memories we give may a lifetime live
in the heart of those we hold so close.
~Unknown


I felt it shelter to speak to you.
~Emily Dickinson


Especially for those unable to be there...here's a
little snippet of Grandma. Makes you smile, huh?
This was about her third birthday dessert for the
weekend...made by the hosts at the B & B.

Uncles and cousins mountain biking

Ty
The group took the ski lift to the top of the mountain
and biked down for about four hours. Had a blast.


Call had two flat tires. He's so gentle on everything,
I can't understand how this happened. :)

Chandler Hyer and Karen Boyer. Soon-to-be-married!

2 comments:

  1. This was the best post because of all the photos. So colorful and seeing all the faces was fun!

    ReplyDelete