20 May 2009

Slow Down...Ya Move Too Fast.


I think God is going to come down and pull civilization
over for speeding.  ~~Steven Wright

Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the mornin' last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones,
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.

Hello lampost, what cha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo-doo, Feelin' groovy.

Got no deeds to do, No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me!
Life I love you, All is groovy!

~~Simon and Garfunkel

5 comments:

  1. Yes, life is too fast- I feel like I'm on the space shuttle =)
    thanks for reminding me to slow down.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool picture of the rocks reflected in the glass at the beach house.
    I've always loved that song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love camilias. We saw great gardens at Hampton Court today, and the largest and oldest grapevine in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, that Simon and Garfunkel wrote that song for people like ME who get in busy mode and waste their days hurrying through them! So, I wonder if it's possible to love that song and Frost's poem "Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz!

    Loved your clever introspective thought...is it "possible to love" both the Simon and Garfunkel song (which states he has no promises to keep), and love Frost's poem, in which he implies he must move on..because he DOES have promises to keep? Made me smile. It's possible! The horse and his rider did what S & G propose...they slowed down! He "watched the woods fill up with snow." And THEN he moved on! :)

    ReplyDelete