27 April 2009

A World With A View

I have never known of a man who looked back on his 
working life and said "I just didn't spend enough time 
with my job."  In choosing how we spend our time as
 a family, we should be careful not to exhaust our
 available time on things for that which is best.

~~Dallin H. Oaks

For the second weekend in a row Kris and kids rode from
Pier 41, across the Golden Gate, through Sausalito, 
on to Tiburon and back.  They missed you Chase.  
Can't you try and get the Univerisity of Utah's 
spring break to coordinate with BYU's?  

Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood.

~Louisa May Alcott
(Believe me.  Anne Marie lives her religion.)


The ride was longer than planned.  The idea was to reach
Tiburon and then take the Ferry back because Anne
Marie has not cycled much.  She "spins" at the gym,
but that's different!  Unfortunately, Kris found when
they arrived at the Ferry that he had left his wallet
in the car.  Back they went....a total of 37 miles
that day.  Forget "you go girl."  You dang went!

I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.

~~Claude Monet

7 comments:

  1. Wow- they are much braver than I would be- walking is my comfort zone- and how wonderful they have an activity they all enjoy and can do together-
    fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment on my blog!
    I really like the quotes you have chosen to include--what a wonderful idea.

    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really was a fun post cus it was a fun day! I love all the quotes and synopses of the day. (and i especially enjoyed your voicemail on my phone today. haha!) I had a great trip home~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I don't think I could ride 37 miles. I really like the picture of the flowers at the end. Anne Marie is very pretty by the way. Her hair was gorgeous this last Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell Anne Marie that I think she is awesome. The boys are awesome, too, but ... first of all, I'm impressed that she spins at the gym. I tried it once and couldn't walk for a week. Secondly, the fact that she could jump on a bike and knock out 37 miles when she doesn't ride every weekend is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I don't mind if you choose to list ours on yours. If you run into someone who would like to view our blog, just send their email to Kristie so we can add them. We love to hear from friends, just not creepy stalker strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures bring back so many memories! I love that whole area. The pictures turned out beautiful, I love the quotes too.

    ReplyDelete